Saturday, July 22, 2017

CHLOE MILLETT IS 'INTO THE WOODS' THRU JULY 30 AT THE MEDIA THEATRE

The Media Theatre has Stephen Sondheim’s Tony winning musical “Into The Woods” on stage this summer, now through July 30. The show is being produced as a teen musical experience, in which a youth cast performs along with two local (and slightly older) actors who have had professional or university experience.

Chloe Millett, who is going to be in the 10th grade at Shipley School this fall, plays the role of Jack’s Mother. “It’s an older, more maternal role,” she said. “Since I’m only 15, my maternal instincts come from babysitting, so I really had to imagine what it would be like to be in her situation. She’s raising a unique child, who doesn’t listen to his mother and is sort of in his own world. His mom tries to be his sense of reality.”

I've been doing theatre since the first grade, so needless to say, I've been in a lot of roles!” Chloe said, as she began to list her credits.  “From Rizzo in "Grease" (Haverford), to Daddy Warbucks in "Annie" (Notre Dame Academy), to Lady Macbeth (St. Mary's School in Cambridge, England), and many more. Shipley School has a fabulous theater department. This year, I was in a Shakespeare one acts play, where I played the mystical Iris from "The Tempest". At Media Theatre, I've been in "13" as "Cassie" and several kids' shows last year!”
 
CHLOE MILLETT
“I think "Into the woods" sets the bar pretty high for all other musicals. It's hard to live up to such a complex, well thought-out, detailed musical with not only great dialogue and characters to root for, but also an amazing array of music,” she said of the classic musical.

 “I think everyone should see the show, since it's so fascinating! Like I said before, everything is so well done in this show, even down to the point where when my character enters the stage, the band plays a melody similar to my solo in the prologue. It may seem minor, but things like that really make a show entertaining. Not to mention the amazing costumes! I love how everyone looks on stage. Milky White is also pretty impressive!” she stated, raving about the show’s production values.

 She summed it up with, “Being onstage has really helped me with my confidence! Back when I started doing theatre here at Media when I was 13, I was much more shy and introverted. However, over the summer into my freshmen year, I did “13 The Musical”, and that really brought me out of my shell. I ended up running for student government at my school! Now, this year marks my second year on student government. I am amazed with how much I've changed, and I credit a lot of this to The Media Theatre.”

"Into The Woods" is on thru July 30. For tickets, call The Media Theatre at 610-891-0100 or visit mediatheatre.org


1 comment:

MEDIA THEATRE GALA MARCH 28 FEATURES KEVIN REILLY, RAY DIDINGER, ENTERTAINMENT, AND MORE

Eagles tackle-turned-inspirational speaker will emcee Media Theatre’s star-studded Gala March 28! Auction items feature ‘Dinner with Play...