Friday, February 22, 2019

MEDIA THEATRE ANNOUNCES CASTS OF 'BEEHIVE' AND 'SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER'

The Media Theatre has two spring musicals which will have audiences singing along, clapping to the beat, and dancing in the aisles. One features great hits of the 1960's while the other takes us back to the disco era of the 1970's.

First up is "Beehive: The '60's Musical" March 13 to March 31. The show, created by Larry Gallagher, is a musical tribute to the women who made the music of the era so special – everyone from Lesley Gore to Janis Joplin, from the Shirelles to the Supremes, Aretha Franklin to Tina Turner, and every woman in between! With two dozen beloved hits, the show takes you on a journey through song, documenting the dramatic changes that America underwent during the ‘60s. GET TICKETS

"Beehive" features such iconic songs as "The Name Game", "River Deep, Mountain High", "Natural Woman", "My Boyfriend's Back", "One Fine Day", "It's My Party", "To Sir With Love", "Proud Mary", "Where The Boys Are", "Make Your Own Kind of Music" and more.

The cast features six talented vocalists: Alyssa Batsakis, Anne Bragg, Kimberly Maxson, Hannah Parke, Ryane Nicole Studivant, and Tasha Waters. Ben Kapilow music directs the live band, with Alec Hersh directing the show.

From the '60's, we take a leap forward into the '70's when "Saturday Night Fever: The Musical" brings disco fever to Media's stage April 17 to June 9. 

A Broadway, West End and US/UK tour favorite, this energetic musical is based on 1977's hit blockbuster film, featuring music by The Bee Gees.

The musical adaptation of "Saturday Night Fever" is the story of Tony Manero, a talented, streetwise kid from Brooklyn who attempts to escape a dead-end life through dancing. His weekends are spent at the local discotheque, where he enjoys the admiration of the crowd and a growing relationship with a young woman. 

The script has been adapted to be more 'family friendly', with several of the movie's sub-plots such as racial conflict and drug use having been eliminated. GET TICKETS

With the new focus of "Saturday Night Fever" on just Tony Manero and the energized disco hits, a few songs have been added such as The Bee Gee's iconic "Tragedy". Other songs in the musical are "Stayin' Alive", "Boogie Shoes", "Disco Inferno", "Night Fever", "Jive Talkin'", "Nights On Broadway", "More Than A Woman", "You Should Be Dancing", "If I Can't Have You" and more. Exciting choreography adds to the '70's atmosphere.

Jesse Cline directs "Saturday Night Fever: The Musical" at The Media Theatre, with Christian Ryan as choreographer and Ben Kapilow as music director. 

The "Saturday Night Fever" cast at The Media Theatre is:



Tony Manero...........Jesse Corbin
Stephanie.................Melissa Rapelje

Bobby.............Ronnie Keller
Double-J......Carl Smith
Joey................Luke Bradt
Gus.................Andy Spinosi

Annette.......Anna Ferrigno
Pauline.........Kelsey Hodgkiss
Candy.............Tamara Anderson

Monty............JP Dunphy

Frank Jr......Marshall Roy

Flo Manero.........Monica Crane/ Faith Yesner
Frank Sr.............Steven Ciapanno
Linda Manero....Caileigh Crane/ Mae Weaver

Ensemble:
Dante Brattelli, Eyakeno Ekpo, Matt Flocco, Zoe Hunchak,
Liberty Laferriere, Jarrett Martin, Anna Pennell, Olivia Whitehouse

Tickets are now on sale for both "Beehive: The '60's Musical" (March 13-31) and "Saturday Night Fever: The Musical" (April 17-June 9). Group rates available.
Visit mediatheatre.org or call 610-891-0100

6 comments:

  1. Thanks to chief dr lucky, I am from USA, I was diagnosed of Emphysema (COPD) in 2015 and I have tried all possible means to get cured, i even visited phonologist but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from Africa who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Emphysema, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email he sent me the Emphysema herbal medicine through courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured of thisdeadly disease within 12-14 days of usage, if you are suffering of this diseases you can as well Contact this great herbal doctor via his email: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com > or call him at +2348132777335. Website: http://chiefdrluckysolutionhome.website2.me/





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES VIRUS )
      I was diagnosed with GENITAL HERPES VIRUS , my doctor told me it has no permanent cure, this virus affected me so badly that i was so ashamed of my self, this continued until a friend of mine Anna told me about Dr NANA from west Africa who cured her mother from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, I contacted this herbal doctor and he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received it i applied it for 2 week with the instruction and i was totally cured from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS permanently within 7 to 8 days of usage. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr NANA email is been attached to my post reach him for help. add him on Email at drnanaherbalsolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsapp line or call +2347014784614.
      he can also cured this disease,CANCER,ALS,HPV WARTS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,STROKE

      Delete
  2. HERBAL DR EMU WHO PREPARE HERBAL MEDICINE TO CURE ALL KINDS OF DISEASES INCLUDING HERPES DISEASE.   
     I have been battling this Herpes disease for almost 3 years now....I tried all possible means to get cure from my Herpes Disease but all to be in vain until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Emu who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes Disease, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try...when i contact Dr Emu via his email (emutemple@gmail.com)  write him and reply me explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 3/4 working days through DHL Delivery and I took it according to the way Dr Emu instructed, I was so happy after 2 week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative...Herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr Emu to get rid of these Herpes Virus forever his whatsapp number +2347012841542.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone. Dr Ishiaku herbs is a good remedy for herpes Virus , I was a carrier of herpes virus and I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ishiaku cure Herpes Virus, I decided to contact him, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. After he finish he sent me the herbs which i took for 2 weeks before asking me to go for a check up and getting there i could not believe that i was confirm HSV 2 Negative after the test, Today i am so happy because i'm free from herpes disease with the help of Dr. Ishiaku . Thank God now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr. Ishiaku herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to God for making it possible. you can reach him on his email, i strongly recommend him to any one out here looking for a cure to herpes or any other deadly disease...Contact Dr ishiaku via email: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com or whatsapp +2348180828544  

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure ten
    years HIV in my body, i never believe that this will work i have spend a
    lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, what i was
    waiting for is death because i was broke, one day i hard about this great
    man who is well know of HIV and cancer cure, i decided to email him,
    unknowingly to me that this will be the end of the HIV aids in my body, he
    prepare the herb for me, and give me instruction on how to take it, at the
    end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i
    went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me negative, i thought
    it was a joke, i went to other hospital was also negative, then i took my
    friend who was also HIV positive to the Dr voodoo after the treatment she
    was also confirm negative . He also have the herb to cure cancer please i
    want every one with this virus to be free, that is why am dropping his
    email address, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i want you to email him he
    is a great man. the government is also interested in this Dr voodoo
    thank you for saving my life, and I promise I will always testify
    for your good work you can also add him on whatsApp
    +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

MEDIA THEATRE GALA MARCH 28 FEATURES KEVIN REILLY, RAY DIDINGER, ENTERTAINMENT, AND MORE

Eagles tackle-turned-inspirational speaker will emcee Media Theatre’s star-studded Gala March 28! Auction items feature ‘Dinner with Play...