Tuesday, October 30, 2018

THE MEDIA THEATRE HAS AN ALL-STAR PHILLY CAST IN 'THE WIZARD OF OZ' THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

THE WIZARD OF OZ is the beloved tale, in which a Kansas farm girl travels over the rainbow to discover the magical power of home, that has been entertaining audiences for generations. The motion picture, released in 1939 and an annual treat for families every year on the small screen, comes to life in this stage musical version adapted from the MGM film. An all-star Philly cast brings the show to life at The Media Theatre Nov. 14 through Jan. 13. 
This two-act Broadway musical includes the songs "Over The Rainbow," "Munchkinland (Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead)," "If I Only Had A Brain/A Heart/The Nerve," "We're Off To See The Wizard (Follow The Yellow Brick Road)," "The Jitterbug," and "The Merry Old Land of Oz" and "If I Were King Of The Forest."
The live orchestra which accompanies the cast will be conducted by The Media Theatre's Resident Music Director Ben Kapilow. Audiences will be able to see the musicians as well as hear them, as for this production the orchestra will be on a raised platform on stage throughout the show.

A cast of professional actors will bring OZ to life, including several of Philadelphia's award winning stars such as Jennie Eisenhower (Wicked Witch), Elisa Matthews (Glinda), Kelly Briggs (Cowardly Lion), Bob Stineman (Tin Man), and Carl Smith (Scarecrow). JP Dunphy is Uncle Henry and the Gatekeeper, and Media's own Roger Ricker is Professor Marvel and The Wizard.
Philadelphia's Anna Rosenthal portrays Dorothy. She was seen on The Media Theatre stage in "Billy Elliot" and "Bridges of Madison County". Other professional productions include "Meet Me In St. Louis", "Ragtime", "Mary Poppins", and the off-Broadway show "Timmy The Great".

The Ensemble consists of Anne Bragg, Dante Bratteli, Lauren Bristow, Julia deGruchy, Jarrett Martin, Christian Ryan, Amanda Shaffern, and Denzel Thomas.
The Munchkins are two separate casts of youngsters from The Media Theatre's School, spanning ages 6 to 13. With the two casts come two Mayors of Munchkinland (Charlie Carroccio and Aidan Crane). The Munchkins will also portray the Flying Monkeys and Poppies. 
The two Munchkins casts are: 
Emerald Cast
Aidan Crane (Mayor/Nikko)
Mae Weaver (Coroner)
ZoĆ« Nesbitt (Barrister)
Lila Bea Hannon and Sadie Wynne (Teachers)
Journi Hamilton (Fiddler)
Natalie Amos (Lullaby League)
Sydney Amos (Lullaby League)
Lucy Amos (Lullaby League)
Adam Makke (Lollipop Guild)
Alex Palombo (Lollipop Guild)
Kai Quimbo (Lollipop Guild)

Ruby Red Cast

Charlie Carroccio (Mayor/Nikko)

Lily Jo Shelkin (Coroner)
Reese Masiello (Barrister)
Olivia Stroup and Kathryn Galka (Teachers)
Blake Jones (Fiddler)
Savanna Galloway (Lullaby League) 
Chloe Tomaszewski (Lullaby League)
Aneesa Hernandez (Lullaby League)
Ryan Zebley (Lullaby League)
Greyson Heneks (Lollipop Guild)
Kevin Olive (Lollipop Guild)
Drew Murphy (Lollipop Guild)
Marc Andrew Nunez directs and choreographs, bringing OZ to colorful and energetic life. Based in NYC, Nunez founded Gotham Dance Theater, and urban contemporary dance theatre company dedicated to creating art with social purpose, representing the diversity of NYC and beyond. He performed last season in The Media Theatre's "Newsies" as Finch and recently assisted Artistic Director Jesse Cline with the production of "Sweeney Todd" as choreographer. He's been a dancer with Rihanna at the Video Music Awards and has done various music videos and commercials for Disney and Nintendo. He's hoping to bring a bit of a contemporary edge to the classic "Wizard of OZ" at The Media Theatre this holiday season (Nov. 13-Jan. 14).

"The Wizard of OZ" is currently celebrating the 80th anniversary release of the 1939 film, which the stage musical is based on.





For tickets, call The Media Theatre at 610-891-0100 or visit mediatheatre.org (where you'll also see the entire show schedule). Group rates are available.

9 comments:

  1. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  3. HERBAL DR EMU WHO PREPARE HERBAL MEDICINE TO CURE ALL KINDS OF DISEASES INCLUDING HERPES DISEASE.   
     I have been battling this Herpes disease for almost 3 years now....I tried all possible means to get cure from my Herpes Disease but all to be in vain until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Emu who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes Disease, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try...when i contact Dr Emu via his email (emutemple@gmail.com)  write him and reply me explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 3/4 working days through DHL Delivery and I took it according to the way Dr Emu instructed, I was so happy after 2 week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative...Herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr Emu to get rid of these Herpes Virus forever his whatsapp number +2347012841542.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my HIV aids cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of HIV, but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr.odoma then i contacted him on his email on drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, it's a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my HIV status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was HIV negative, i never thought possible that dr.odoma can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr odoma changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or whatsapp Number: +2348100649947 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER,SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Your Ex back.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my HIV aids cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of HIV, but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr.odoma then i contacted him on his email on drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, it's a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my HIV status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was HIV negative, i never thought possible that dr.odoma can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr odoma changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or whatsapp Number: +2348100649947 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER,SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Your Ex back.  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have time beating around the bush, instead I go straight to the point.... So to you doubters I ain't expecting you all to believe my testimony but only the few chosen ones by God. In a short summary, I'm here to tell the whole world that I recently got cured from my long term herpes disease, both the HSV1 and HSV2 through the assistance of Herbalist doctor Oyagu I pray God continually blesses Dr Oyagu in all he does, because he is indeed a very good, nice and powerful doctor. I’m cured of herpes disease at last! Wow I'm so much in great joy because I've never in my life believed herbs works, but meeting doctor Oyagu was an eye opener and he made me believe that herpes truly got a complete cure. I used the doctor's herbal medicine for just two weeks and I was totally cured from both my HSV1 and HSV2. I'm so excited. For help and assistance in getting rid of your herpes virus you can Call/WhatsApp doctor Oyagu on his telephone number: +2348101755322 or for more inquiries you can as well contact the doctor on EMAIL: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been living with herpes since February last year and it has been a big problem for me. One day I came across a woman testimony on forum saying she get cured of her Herpes with the help of Dr AKHIGBE herbal medicine at first I did not believe I was doubting because my doctor told me there is no cure for this disease, so I contacted him with the email the lady drop and write to him about my problems, he told me not to worry that am in the right place he told me what to do to get cured so I really did it few months later I went to the doctor and did test and discover that am totally cured from herpes. Thank you Dr AKHIGBE for proving yourself to me. I am grateful. I keep sharing the good news to everyone who is suffering from herpes. There is truly a cure for herpes. You may need his Email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or contact him on his whatSApp number +2349021374 574

    ReplyDelete

MEDIA THEATRE GALA MARCH 28 FEATURES KEVIN REILLY, RAY DIDINGER, ENTERTAINMENT, AND MORE

Eagles tackle-turned-inspirational speaker will emcee Media Theatre’s star-studded Gala March 28! Auction items feature ‘Dinner with Play...