Saturday, August 23, 2014

MEDIA THEATRE ANNOUNCES 'ANNIE JR' CAST!

The sun ALWAYS shines when Annie is around! This time, she's making her appearance at The Media Theatre in an hour-long condensed version of the legendary Broadway hit musical. "ANNIE JR" will delight audiences ages 4 and up every weekend from October 4 through December 28 with performances on Saturdays at 11am and Sundays at Noon.


"ANNIE JR" is solidly based on the two-act version of the Tony winning hit, with all of the wonderful characters audiences know and adore. Based on the Little Orphan Annie comic strip, we learn about what hope amidst difficult times is able to do as we move toward the future. As it has been re-developed for young audiences, the scenes involving the Presidential Cabinet have been deleted to keep the action moving quickly toward its inevitable happy ending. 

With the the beloved book and score by Tony Award winners Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin featuring some of the greatest musical theatre hits ever written including "Tomorrow" the show is the perfect family treat for the holidays.

With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. She is determined to find her parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of a New York City Orphanage run by the grumpy Miss Hannigan. With the help of the other girls in the Orphanage, Annie escapes to the wondrous world of NYC. She finds a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy (who, in this version, is portrayed by a young actor).

The show is produced by Media Music Theatre Company and features a large cast of youth actors ages 5 and up with a few guest adult actors to bring the show to life. 

The cast of "ANNIE JR" is:

Annie….Cassidy Else/ Amanda Treston (double cast)

Sandy, the dog…Sebastian Fitzgerald

Orphans:
Molly, who is 6…Bridget Henry
Kate, who is 7….Alexsa McKeown
Tessie, cry-baby who is 10….Kennedy Ndiaye
Pepper, tough 12 year old…Mary Kate Vink
July, quiet 13 year old…Madilyn Gibbs
Duffy, 13 year old leader….Elaina Fitzgerald u/s Annie
Understudy to Molly & Kate is Miranda Fitzgerald
Understudy to Tessie TBA
Understudy to Pepper & Duffy is Rachael McVey
Understudy to July is Jillian Donohue

Miss Hannigan….Aimee Theresa
Daddy Warbucks….Henry O’ Neill
Grace Farrell….Shiron Denise (Grace u/s is Katie Davis)
Rooster….Michael Wells
Lily St. Regis….Veronica Garrubbo
Star-To-Be….Molly Sorensen
Servants:
Drake…Lars Halldin
Mrs. Greer….Hanna Murphy u/s Star-To-Be
Mrs. Pugh…Sophia Leone
Cecille…Molly Sorensen
Annette…Jillian Donohue
Understudy for Mrs. Greer & Mrs. Pugh is Lauren Poltrock
Understudy for Cecille & Annette is Sarah Shoumer

Bert Healy…Josh Atkinson/ Carter Weiss
Sound Effects Man….Josh Atkinson/ Carter Weiss

Bundles/ Louis Howe…Roger Ricker (Male Swing for FDR, etc)
FDR…Tim Haney (Male Swing for Warbucks & Drake)
Apple Seller ….Mary Layne
Dogcatcher ....Justin Fitzgerald
Lt. Ward/ Man in NYC…Jaydin Knight
ENSEMBLE: will portray people on the street in NYC; other orphans both male and female; policemen and women; Radio Announcers; Street Children; Ushers and Usherettes; etc. All cast members listed above except for Daddy Warbucks, Annie, GraceSandy,  and FDR are also in the Ensemble throughout the show as well as ANNA BOZZI, HOLLY DELUCA, ZACHARY DIVITO, JILLIAN DONOHUE, MIRANDA FITZGERALD, SAGAN INGRAM, MARY LAYNE, RACHEL MCCABE, AALIYAH MICHAEL, ALLISON NEPO, LAUREN POLTROCK, SARAH SHOUMER, BRYNN WASHBORNE, VIOLET WILEY, MEGAN WINTERBOTTOM. ROYA WOLCOTT.


We are still accepting Ensemble cast members. If interested, email rer764@gmail.com
There are two performances at 9:45am on Friday October 10 and Friday December 26.
For tickets, call 610-891-0100 or visit www.mediatheatre.org




3 comments:

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for his great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And i Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for his great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And i Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Ehimare a herbal practitioner who helped cured me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Ehimare sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Ehimare who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Ehimare   because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Ehimare   through his email  drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp on +1 (267) 691-1087   He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received.  

    ReplyDelete

MEDIA THEATRE GALA MARCH 28 FEATURES KEVIN REILLY, RAY DIDINGER, ENTERTAINMENT, AND MORE

Eagles tackle-turned-inspirational speaker will emcee Media Theatre’s star-studded Gala March 28! Auction items feature ‘Dinner with Play...