DAVID POTTS BECOMES CINDERELLA'S FATHER IN 'INTO THE WOODS' AT MEDIA THEATRE

The Media Theatre has Stephen Sondheim’s Tony winning musical “Into The Woods” on stage this summer, now through July 30. The show is being produced as a teen musical experience, in which a youth cast performs along with two local (and slightly older) actors who have had professional or university experience.

David Potts, 16, plays the role of Cinderella’s Father in the production. “This is my first production ever, as I have never been in a show before. I love it!”
David Potts
David started acting training this past spring with The Media Theatre’s Teen Acting Classes, which are on Sundays from 6pm to 7:30. The classes start up again in September with the Fall semester. “Acting helps me to work with others and to open up,” he said.

“I wanted to do this show because I was drawn to the story,” he explained. “I approached my role by studying the traditional story of Cinderella.”

“The musical really allows you to see how hard work and cooperation can accomplish great feats,” he said. “Not feets, but feats!”

He believes audiences who come to the show will be “enlightened and entertained”.


"Into The Woods" is on thru July 30. For tickets, call The Media Theatre at 610-891-0100 or visit mediatheatre.org

Comments