WHO'S WHO IN FIDDLER ON THE ROOF...JACOB BOWMAN IS TEVYE (and sometimes Lazar Wolf!)

  

The Media Theatre presents a special presentation of the classic musical "Fiddler On The Roof" this summer to celebrate the show's 50th anniversary. 

It's produced by Media Music Theatre Company and is on stage July 11 through August 10, with performances on Friday nights at 7pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 7pm, and Sundays at 3pm. 

A youth cast shares the stage with several professional adult actors to remind audiences of the brilliance of this wonderful Tony winning Broadway musical. "Fiddler On The Roof" is all about Tevye, a Jewish man in Russia in the early 1900's who is doing his best to keep his family together amidst changing times and while his five daughters are growing up right before his eyes. It's a musical steeped in "Tradition!" 

JACOB BOWMAN is Tevye in the production. He had a lot to say regarding the "Fiddler" experience at The Media Theatre!

"I feel honored to a part of this 50th anniversary production. Fiddler is such a landmark show and it is such a wonderful opportunity."

"I am playing the role of Tevye and, when not playing that role--as I share it with adult actor Tim Haney--I'm playing Lazar Wolf. Right from the start I knew it was going to
be a challenge because of all the lines down but once that's all done
with...its smooth sailing all the way!"


"This musical really touches home. A big chunk of my mother's ancestors
were Russian Jews who lived in a village similar to Anatevka. They
came to America to avoid persecution and death. This show and I hold a
special connection because it allows me to connect with my heritage."


"I have done many shows. I just came from a production of Les
Miserables where I played Javert. In the fall, I will be studying vocal performance 

at the Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University."

"I feel that the story of Fiddler is a very relatable story to our
times. That's why the show is still being done and is still a hit.
Plus the tunes are very catchy and the humor is great."


 "Whenever I'm on that stage...I feel safe. 
As Jesse Cline, who directed the production, says,
"Nothing is right or wrong." As performers and students, we must take risks 
and the Media Theatre is a great place to start taking them."
To see Jacob Bowman and the entire cast of "Fiddler On The Roof" in the production directed by Jesse Cline, the theatre's Artistic Director, call 610-891-0100 or visit www.mediatheatre.org. The show runs thru August 10. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEDIA THEATRE ANNOUNCES CAST FOR 'A CHRISTMAS STORY: THE MUSICAL'

THE MEDIA THEATRE HAS 'WEST SIDE STORY' APRIL 19-JUNE 11

MEDIA THEATRE HAS 'BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY' MUSICAL SEPT. 14-OCT. 23